ZFF Opening Night, Green Carpet, Gala Premiere of BORG/McENROE.
The first day of 13th Zurich Film Festival was full on surprises and bright personalities.
Numerous renowned guests walked on Green Carpet that night:
- Doris Leuthard – President of the Swiss Confederation
- Corine Mauch – Mayor of Zurich
- Roger Federer – Swiss professional tennis player, currently ranked world No. 2 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
- Janus Metz Pedersen – Director of BORG/McENROE
- Sverrir Gudnason – Actor, plays Björn Borg in BORG/McENROE
- Ronnie Sandahl – Script writer of BORG/McENROE
- Baschi – Singer
- Pepe Lienhard – Musician
- Christa Rigozzi Marchese – Winner of Miss Switzerland in 2006
- Bernhard Russi – Olympic, World Cup, and World champion in the downhill event
- Peter Baumgartner – Chief Executive of Etihad Airways
- Philippe Gaydoul – Chief Executive of Navyboot
And that’s not even a half of the list! :)
Green Carpet took place before the Gala Premiere of BORG/McENROE.
BORG/McENROE is a movie about one of most legendary duels in tennis: two pros Björn Borg and John McEnroe battled at the Wimbledon final on July 5, 1980.
The movie shows the portraits and characters of two tennis icon as they are getting ready for the Grand Slam tournament at Wimbledon. How they feel about each other, struggle with themselves, love and pain, ambitions and fears.
Janus Metz Pedersen – Director of BORG/McENROE; Sverrir Gudnason – Actor, plays Björn Borg in BORG/McENROE; Ronnie Sandahl – Script writer of BORG/McENROE gave a press conference and were present on the Green Carpet before the Gala Premiere.
During the festival, BORG/McENROE will screen again at the ZFF on Wednesday, October 4th and on Friday, October 6th.
BORG/McENROE starts in cinemas in Switzerland on October 12.
Certainly, the Opening Night of 13th Zurich Film Festival was a tremendous success.
More details about ZFF you may find -> 13th Zurich Film Festival.
Stay tuned for more on worldofjulia.com
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.