the Tree tent experience, organised by the hotel Villa Carona in the beautiful Parco San Grato is an ultimate romantic escape into the nature.
NB! Please check the latest travel restrictions and government recommendations, before planning any trip.
This summer by far has been the most peculiar summer ever, as everything and everyone was effected by COVID-19. Therefore, we were looking for more secluded romantic getaway. Meanwhile, the beautiful Lugano region offers exactly that – refreshing mountain-lake combo, lush greens and quite cosy Mediterranean atmosphere.
Swiss Historic & Garden Hotel Villa Carona
Hotel Villa Carona is a hidden oasis of relaxation, located above the Lake Lugano in the village of Carona. This 200-year-old family-owed estate is a part of the Swiss Historic Hotels group. The Deubner-Marty family thoughtfully restores and preserves the historical legacy of the place, while providing an amazing service to their guests.
We could probably have scrutinised and studied hotel’s charismatic interiors and antique furniture for hours. As well as enjoyed its elegant garden, full of flowers and greens, overlooking Monte Generoso. Moreover, the newly built swimming pool was a great refreshing addition for completing that perfect unwinding atmosphere.
Good to know:
- The Hotel Villa Carona is located in the village of Carona, above the Lake Lugano.
- Getting there: from Lugano it would take around 25 minutes by car, or approximately 30 minutes by public transportation.
- The hotel has 18 rooms, each decorated with antique furniture and ornaments.
- As it’s a historical estate, there is no air-conditioning in the rooms. However, there is an electric fan for the extremely hot days.
- The new swimming pool in the garden is not very big (10 m length, 3 m width and around 1.50 m deep), but a great refreshment during hot sunny Ticino days.
TREE TENT EXPERIENCE AT PARCO SAN GRATO
We were especially looking forward to discovering a tree tent in Parco San Grato, organised as a collaboration between the Hotel Villa Carona, the Lugano Tourism Office and Elia Frapolli Consulenza e Turismo. Without doubt, it was a very special camping adventure. Only imagine a beautiful walk from the hotel through the park with rewarding panoramic views all the way up to the grove. The tent is spanned between three trees, and have space for two people. Spending overnight in the floating tree tent is a unique opportunity to enjoy spectacular starry skies, awakening your senses and disconnecting from the everyday buzz.
Good to know:
- When you book this experience with the Hotel Villa Carona, you would receive a sleeping bag, a solar torch and the Ticino Ticket (for a free use of all public transport). As well as a comfy double-room, for storing your luggages, taking shower and etc. You can also stay there at night incase of a bad weather or discomfort in the tent.
- The tent is located in the park Parco San Grato, and it would take approximately 30 minutes walking to reach it from the hotel.
- Don’t forget comfortable shoes, some warm clothes for the night as well as anti-mosquito repellents.
- The tent doesn’t have electricity, heating or WIFI, so you would need to take a portable charging battery for your phone.
- The tree tent has its peculiar qualities like any other type of camping. That said, it has this fun bouncing, almost floating, feeling.
- You can also find all booking details and prices on the official website.
Unfortunately, we weren’t lucky with the weather. Cloudy skies and upcoming thunderstorms forced us back to the hotel for the night, and that’s when, we were really happy to have our cosy room. We could also enjoy an amazing romantic dinner in the garden.
Furthermore, we have stayed for a few more days to unwind and get some quiet quality time at this oasis of well-being.
Surely, We had some amazing discoveries in lugano this summer and will definitely come back for another tree tent adventure, for catching magical starry skies! :)
Have you ever had a tree tent experience? Share it with us in the comments below.
You can also check more articles about the beautiful Lugano region:
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us -> GET IN TOUCH.