The following article is not meant for people under 18 years old for most European countries and 21 years old for USA and 25 years old for Sweden and certain other countries with the same age regulation for digital content about beverages containing alcohol. If you aren’t above the legal age in your country please leave this post and read another article. :)
Chef Alps 2017, Ron Zacapa Workshop. It is an international cooking summit, that took place on May 21 – 22, 2017 in Zurich. This specialized symposium gathers together the world’s best chefs, exquisite products and experts in hotel, restaurant and gastronomy businesses.
At the 6-th edition of the summit, around 1300 visitors could enjoy fascinated live performances on the stage of nine star chefs from Europe and the USA. In between the presentations guests could visit the booths of the most exquisite brand and products. Among them such exclusive brands like Zacapa, Chocolate Line, Dr.Schier’s Swiss Premium Honey, Sknife, Narimpex, Rochini and others.
Good to know about chefs:
- Dominique Crenn – Atelier Crenn, San Francisco (US) / ateliercrenn.com – ❃❃ Michelin, World’s Best Female Chef 2016 (by the juries of the World’s 50 Best Restaurant List),
- Peter Knogl – Cheval Blanc by Peter Knogl / Grand Hotel Les Trois, Basel (CH) / lestroisrois.com – ❃❃❃ Michelin, 19 GaultMillau, Chef of the Year 2011 and 2015 (GaultMillau), Best Hotel restaurant in Europe 2015 (Prix Villégiature Awards).
- Oriol Castro – Disfrutar, Barcelona (ES) / disfrutarbarcelona.com – ❃ Michelin, Best New European Restaurant 2016 (Opinionated About Dining), Barcelona Best Restaurant (Macarfi Guide).
- Heinz Reitbauer – Steirereck, Wien (AT) / steirereck.at – ❃❃ Michelin, 19 GaultMillau, Chef of the Decade (GaultMillau 2016), #9 World’s Best Restaurants 2016.
- Even Ramsvik – Lava Oslo, Oslo (NO) / lavaoslo.no – ❃ Michelin, Best restaurant in Norway 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Antonia Klugmann – L’argine a vencò, Dolegna del Collio, Gorizia (IT) / largineavenco.it – ❃ Michelin; Best Female Chef, Guida Espresso (2017); Best New Restaurant, Gambero Rosso (2016).
- Eric Menchon – Le Moissonnier, Köln (DE) / lemoissonnier.de – ❃❃ Michelin, 18 GaultMillau, German Chef of the Year 2012 (FAZ).
- Ana Roš – Hiša Franko, Kobarid (SL) / hisafranko.com – World Bast Female Chef 2017, 17 GaultMillau.
- Nick Bril – The Jane, Antwerpen (BE) / thejaneantwerp.com – ❃❃ Michelin, 17 GaultMillau.
Ron Zacapa Cocktail Workshop
The world-famous rum producer presented its best products at the cocktail workshop within the culinary summit. Zacapa is the most exquisite tasting rum in the world. This excellent drink is from mysterious land of Guatemala. Zacapa is an expression of the best quality, richest taste and master blending.
Good to know:
- Unlike most rums which use molasses, Zacapa is produced using only the sweetest, first pressing of sugar cane juice.
- Zacapa Rum slowly develops its complex flavour and character at one of the highest ageing facilities in the world – in the highlands of Quetzaltenango, 2300m above the sea level.
- The rum is aged in selected barrels that previously contained Bourbons, Sherries and Pedro Ximenez wines. In ZACAPA XO and Zacapa Royal, the ageing occurs in French Oak barrels.
- It is recommended to pair Zacapa 23 with chocolate with a minimum of 75-80% cocoa.
Brand ambassador Andreas Walch provided the cocktail workshop with two perfect servings: the Old Fashioned and the Daiquiri. I have learned a lot about the richness, taste and soul of Ron Zacapa.
The International cooking summit and Ron Zacapa share the same philosophy of inspiration, creativity and craftsmanship. The cooking fair represents the high-class gastronomy and fits perfectly to the excellent taste of Zacapa.
Overall, Chef Alps is a perfect platform for networking and sharing experiences as well as learning the latest trends in the culinary industry.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.