This light vegetable soup is one of our favourite comfort foods all year round. It is very easy and fast to cook. In addition, you can use any seasonal veggies you have access to!
You can also easily swamp or add extra vegetables, like broccoli, cauliflower or celery. Finally, it is a great way to feed kids more vegetables. In case they are picky about it, you can puree it, turning into a creamy deliciousness!
- Carrot – 1 pcs
- Onion – 1 pcs
- Potatoes (medium size) – 3 pcs
- Bell peppers – 1 pcs
- Zucchini – 1 pcs
- Peas (fresh or frozen) – 150 g
- Salt – to taste
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Vegetable bouillon – 1,5 l
- Butter (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Bay Leaves – 2 leaves
- Peel the onion and chop it into small cubes.
- Preheat a medium size pot on a medium heat.
- Put the butter and the olive oil into the pot. When the butter melts, add chopped onions. Stir occasionally and keep your eyes on it. The onion shouldn’t burn. Cook it for 2-3 min.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut the carrot into small cubes. Then add them to the onion. Cook for 3-5 min.
- Add the vegetable bouillon to the pot and bring it to boil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into small cubes. When the bouillon comes to boil, add the potatoes.
- Adjust the heat, if you see that soup is boiling too much.
- Deseed the pepper and cut it into small cubes. After 5 – 10 minutes of boiling the potatoes add the pepper and bay leaves into the pot.
NB! Cooking time for the potatoes may vary depends on the potatoes type. You can taste it. It should be almost ready.