Observation deck at the Zurich Airport allows everyone to get closer to the incredible world of the airport.
There are two observation decks at the Zurich airport – Observation deck B and Observation deck E.
The Observation deck E is accessible only by bus shuttle from the Observation deck B and open only in summer. The Observation deck B, on the other hands, is open all year-long.
At the Observation deck B you can:
- enjoy a breathtaking view of landing and departing flights;
- watch pilots in the cockpit from the world first walkway;
- look around with multimedia binoculars – called Airportscopes, which designed specially for the Observation deck B;
- discover an amazing world of the airport with children at the miniature airport;
- learn some interesting facts about the aircraft.
Good to know:
- To access the observation deck B, you must pass through the security check, the same as you would have before any flight.
- Location: at the Zurich airport next to Check-in 2.
Adults – 5 CHF;
Young people (10-16) – 2 CHF;
With boarding pass – Free of charge.
- Open hours: Mon-Sun
Winter (30.10.2016 – 25.03.2017): 10:00 – 17:00.
Summer (26.03.2017 – 28.10.2017): 09:00 – 19:00.
- There is a cafeteria at the deck, where one can buy some food and beverages.
- Dogs are not permitted on the observation deck B (except guide and assistance dogs).
- Hand baggage with a maximum size of 60 x 40 x 20 cm is permitted to the observation deck, larger items of luggage must be deposited.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the security-controlled area of the observation deck B.
- If the weather is bad, the observation deck might be closed.
Either you have an extra time before the flight, or want to make a field trip for kids, or just love watching flights takeoff and landing, you may find all this and even more at the observation deck of the Zurich airport.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH