Art Basel 2017, the world-famous EXTRAORDINARY exhibition of modern and contemporary art, takes place THROUGHOUT the year in Hong Kong, Miami Beach and Basel. This year, the fair is displaying exclusive art pieces in Basel on June 15.06 – 18.06.
Good to know:
- Dates: The exhibition open for all art enthusiasts June 15 – 18, 2017.
- Working hours: 11 am – 7 pm.
Day ticket: CHF 60 on-site, CHF 50 online
Evening ticket, after 5 pm: CHF 28
Two-day ticket: CHF 100 on-site, CHF 90 online
Permanent ticket: CHF 140 on-site, CHF 130 online
Reduced day ticket for Students/Seniors: CHF 40
More information about the tickets you may find on the official website.
- For safety and security reasons, all visitors and their belongings are subject to a thorough inspection before entering the show premises.
- Backpacks, suitcases and trolleys of any size are not allowed.
- Personal/- non-professional use photography is permitted, however, the big size cameras are forbidden. The best way to take memorable photos is using the camera on your phone.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the exhibition halls, with the exception of certified service animals for visitors with disabilities.
- There are many cafes and restaurants located throughout the exhibition halls.
This fair brings the artworks of 291 international world’s leading galleries and shows works of over 4,000 artists. Below, you may find a short description of the main sectors.
The exhibition is big, so it’s better to have a map of the floors with you.
Basically, you will find Collectors Lounge on the top floor of the exhibition hall. Then moving downstairs, more contemporary galleries on the first floor. Finally, the historical art works on the right side of the ground floor and the classical contemporary works on the left side. Next to the exhibition hall you will find the “Unlimited” pavilion.
The impression is a question of taste.
Contemporary Art is very often controversial art. What beautiful or hideous, meaningful or ridiculous is, it’s a question of taste. At the exhibition everyone can find for themselves artworks that are unique and exquisite.
Ruinart is proud to present Jaume Plensa
Ruinart has been producing exquisite champagne since 1729. The brand is the Official Champagne Partner of the art exhibition. Every year, Ruinart shows its support to art, cooperating with renowned artists.
This year, Ruinart is proud to present the artwork of Jaume Plensa. His sculptures symbolise connection between worlds, sings and human body and have become his signature. Jaume Plensa turns letters of 8 alphabets into the cells, and create the human body sculptures. He keeps the sculptures empty inside, so light can pass through showing the lightness of the human soul.
The sculpture, that Jaume Plensa has created for Ruinart this year, epitomises dom Thierry Ruinart, his philosophy and culture. It is displayed in the VIP lounge at the Collectors Lounge.
Audemars Piguet at Art Basel
Audemars Piguet has prepared a selection of historic and contemporary timepieces. Its VIP lounge concept, entitled Second Nature, is designed by Sebastian Errazuriz, inspired by the Swiss Jura mountains and the home of the company in the Vallée de Joux.
Good to know:
- Audemars Piguet is the oldest Haute Horlogerie Swiss manufacturer still in the hands of its founding families (Audemars and Piguet).
- Since 1875, the company has written some of the finest chapters in the history of watchmaking, including a number of world firsts.
- In 1955, Audemars Piguet began production on the very first series of perpetual calendar wristwatches in the world to feature the astronomical leap year indication.
- The famous 1972 octagonal Royal Oak, the first luxury watch to be made of stainless steel, is widely recognized as one of the most important innovations in watchmaking.
- Also, in 2017, Audemars Piguet enriched its line of Royal Oak Perpetual Calendars with a version made of hand-finished black ceramic.
Moreover, selected for the third Audemars Piguet Art Commission, Lars Jan’s large-scale artwork will be curated by artistic director Kathleen Forde, to be presented during Art Basel Miami Beach 2017.
More information about Audemars Piguet you may find on the official website.
Davidoff Art Initiative
The world-famous company, which is producing, distributing and retailing premium-branded cigars, tobacco products and accessories, widely supports contemporary art and artists in the Caribbean. During the art fair, Davidoff Art Initiative operates a temporary venue at the Basel Meeting Point in collaboration with My Art Guides, near Marktplatz.
As an Associate Partner of Art Basel for the seventh consecutive year, Davidoff cigars proudly presents the new Limited Art Edition “Nature Reimagined” by Rodell Warner. This new Limited Art Edition comes in high-end cigar boxes, each featuring one of five unique artworks created by the artist. Furthermore, images as exceptional as the 10 beautiful Limited Edition Davidoff Toro cigars included in each box.
More information about Davidoff you may find on the official website.
Finally, Art Basel is a source of inspiration. This exhibition is perfect for boosting your creativity and opening horizons, and, of course, for purchasing some incredible artworks! :)
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.