14th Zurich Film Festival is taking place from 27th of September to October 7th, 2018. The festival brings together creative international filmmakers, who is competing for the Golden Eye Award. Also, you can enjoy the Gala Premieres of the most expected movies from all around the world. The festival’s history goes back to 2005. Since then, it has grown into a big, international and influential event in the film industry.
Good to know:
- Dates: September 27 – October 7, 2018.
- Festival Centre, located on Sechseläutenplatz, hosts most of the festival activities. You can come there by trams #2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 15 until the tram stop “Bellevue”.
- You will find a bar, lounge and the ZFF store at the Festival centre as well as the tickets centre.
- Moreover, Green Carpets are taking place here.
- Working hours of the Festival Centre: Daily 11:00 – 21:00.
- As for tickets, you can purchase them either on the ZFF official website, on starticket.ch or at the festival locations.
ZFF MOVIE THEATRES
- Corso Cinema: Theaterstrasse 10, 8001, Zurich. You can reach it by trams #2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 15 until the tram stop “Bellevue”.
- Arthouse Le Paris: Gottfried-Keller-Strasse 7, 8001, Zurich. The trams #2, 4, 5, 8, 9 until the Bellevue tram stop; the trams #11, 15 till the Bahnhof Stadelofen tram stop.
- Arthouse Piccadilly: Mühlebachstrasse 2, 8008, Zürich. The trams #11, 15 to the Bahnhof Stadelofen tram stop.
- Arena Sihlcity: Kalanderplatz 8, 8045, Zurich. The trams #5, 13, 17 to the Sihlcity Nord.
- Filmpodium: Nüschelerstrasse 11, 8001, Zurich. The trams #2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13 until Paradeplatz; the trams #2, 9 to the Sihlstrasse tram stop.
- Riffraff Kino/Bar/Bistro: Neugasse 57-63, 8005 Zürich. Röntgenstrasse (bus 32) / Limmatplatz (tram 4, 13, 17)
- Kosmos: Lagerstrasse 104, 8004 Zürich. Bus 31, 32 until the stop Militär-/Langstrasse.
GUESTS OF HONOUR:
Wim Wenders – „Tribute to … Award“.
Judi Dench – “Golden Icon Award”.
Donald Sutherland – “Lifetime Achievement Award”.
Certainly, movie lovers are excited about festival’s program. And it exceeds all expectations. This year Zurich Film Festival is presenting the latest films from 48 countries. Among the more than 160 productions, 42 debut works, 12 world premieres, 16 Swiss films and 2 retrospectives.
The Award Winners of the 14th Zurich Film Festival
The main juries of the 14th Zurich Film Festival awarded the Golden Eyes in three categories:
- International Feature Film – GIRL by Lukas Dhont.
- International Documentary Film – HEARTBOUND by Janus Metz and Sine Plambech.
- Focus: Switzerland, Germany, Austria – L’ANIMALE by Katharina Mückstein.
The awards in the two international competition categories are each endowed with a CHF 25’000 cash prize. The award in the Focus: Switzerland, Germany, Austria category is endowed with a CHF 20’000 cash prize.
- Emerging Swiss Talent Award – WALDEN by Daniel Zimmermann (Switzerland)
- Critics’ Choice Award – THE GUILTY by Gustav Möller (Denmark)
- Audience Award – COLD NOVEMBER by Ismet Sijarina (Kosovo, Albania, Macedonia)
- Kids Jury Award for Best Children’s Film – LOS BANDO by Christian Lo (Norway, Sweden)
- Audience Award ZFF for Kids – RAOUL TABURIN by Pierre Godeau (France, Belgium)
- Treatment Competition Award – Maurizius Staerkle Drux and Lenz Baumann and their project C.O.D.A. – CHILD OF DEAF ADULTS (Switzerland)
Until next year Zurich Film Festival!
If you are interested to see photos and highlights from the previous film festivals, just enter ZFF in the search bar on the top of the page.
Above all, have a great time at the cinema!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.