Last week I attended a workshop with Alec Monopoly organised by TAG Heuer at its HQ and manufacture. It was an excellent event. Alec Monopoly taught how to paint graffiti in his “atelier”, which is turned to be a huge garage at the TAG Heuer Manufacture! :)
The interview with this interesting street-artist was very easygoing and funny. Some of the facts which I learned about him you may find below:
- Alec Monopoly is a famous American street-art and graffiti artist. He is distinguished by special appearance – his face is always hidden behind a bandana or a mask.
- At first, he started drawing graffiti in New York, but later on moved to California.
- His works are well-known throughout the world thanks to his signature character – Mr. Monopoly, the banker from the Monopoly game.
- Nowadays, Alec Monopoly is adding other characters like Scrooge McDuck, Richie Rich and animated version of himself to his collections.
- His works are colourful, cheerful and filled with humour, and that’s his main idea – to bring something bright, positive and optimistic to people.
- As he said, street painting remains to be his true passion. Whenever he has time, he loves going out and express himself by drawing graffiti. Unlike others, Alec is a romantic graffiti artist, he prefers spending time alone or with his girlfriend while painting.
- Today, his art worth a lot. Numerous American stars, such as Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke, Snoop Dogg, Seth Rogen, Adrien Brody and Robert De Niro, have bought his art. His success has made him a role model for young people who likes street art and graffiti.
- The artist has always been passionate about watches. He is really honoured to put his artistic ideas together with TAG Heuer traditions and experience in order to create extraordinary timepieces.
Collaboration with TAG Heuer
- TAG Heuer is a world-famous exclusive watchmaking company, which has been producing first-class watches since 1860.
- Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of TAG Heuer and President of the LVMH Watch Division, said that to be first, to be unique and different, has been his philosophy for the last 40 years. I think, this credo makes the brand famous and loved by millions of people in different countries and in different age groups.
- During Miami Contemporary Art week on 29th November 2016, Jean-Claude Biver has announced their collaboration with Alec Monopoly as Art Provocateur for the Avant-Garde brand. I’m sure, his creativity will give TAG Heuer watches one-of-a-kind character.
You may want to check some novelties of TAG Heuer, which were presented at the Geneva Watch Fair 2017 -> GENEVA WATCH FAIR 2017
I was very happy to meet with Alec Monopoly, as well as learn more about TAG Heuer as a brand. I hope you also will enjoy the result of their collaboration in these beautiful, artistic and exquisite watches.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH