Baselworld is the most influential and famous trendsetting exhibition for the worlds watch and jewellery industry.
The exhibition demonstrates latest trends and developments in watchmaking and jewellery production. In addition, this unique show is the only one, which gathers together the entire industry. The biggest and most prestigious watch and jewellery brands in the world present new models, latest collections and achievements.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Dates: The exhibition is running 23 – 30 March, 2017.
- Opening hours: daily 9:00 – 18:00; March 30: 9:00 – 16:00.
- Location: Messeplatz/Exhibition Square, Basel, Switzerland.
- From Basel SBB train station: tram #2 or #1.
- From Basel Bad Bahnhof: tram #2, #6 or a few minutes walking.
- Prices: Day ticket – 60 CHF; Ticket for the whole show – 150 CHF.
- You can purchase tickets online -> Tickets Baselworld
- There is the Baselworld App, that will help you to organize your visit.
- There is a wardrobe. Cost is 2 CHF or 2 Euro, make sure you have some coins.
- There are a lot of information desks around the halls.
You may want to visit official website for more information about the exhibition.
trends at Baselworld 2017:
- Simple and elegant white colour is fashionable and trendy for both waches and jewellery.
- Auto-racing – a lot of watch brands created new models dedicated to racing cars and their passion for speed.
- Green and blue are two other dominating colors in the new collections of jewellery brands.
- Smart and Connected watches are a big trend. However, Baselworld remains to be the exhibition of the classical time pieces.
- My favorite trend – floral and animal motives.
- Grey with all its shades is a new colour at Baselworld 2017. Grey is opposite of colourful, yet can be very vivid and give distinguish character to the watches and jewellery.
- Yellow Gold is a timeless classic. At Baselwaorld 2017 you may see very wide varieties of golden creations. The gold is used in different forms and combinations: with white, blue, green or yellow gems; in combination with white or pink gold; it can be polished or matte.
Novelties Baselworld 2017
Imperiali Geneve has created Emperador – the most impressive Cigar Chest in the world.
- The Cigar Chest looks like a luxurious safe. The heart of the chest conceals two secure, climate- controlled compartments reserved for the 24 cigars (from Honduras and Nicaragua), each wrapped in four leaves of fine gold and protected by glass tubes.
- For the developments of the autonomic system, which can produce its own water for humidity inside the chest and control the temperature, company got two international patents.
- From 3500 components in this exclusive chest, 2675 were specially manufactured.
- The original tourbillon watch is placed in the centre of the locking mechanism.
- Chest has three movable accessories: a cigar cutter, a table lighter and an ashtray.
- The cigar cutter offers two functions: either cutting the cigar using a guillotine mechanism or performing a cigar punch.
- Emperador is an unique combination of state-of-the-art technology, beauty and luxury. The price is matching quality, 1 million dollars.
I was fascinated by this Swiss made, exquisite and one-of-a-kind Cigar Chest!
More details about Imperiali Geneve and its Emperador you may find on the official website.
- The traditional collection from Breguet welcomes a rose gold self-winding timepiece – Tradition Dame.
- Jaquet Droz returns to its legendary Grande Seconde and presented a new women’s watch. It’s a masterpiece with the red gold case, mother-of-pearl dial and the inner bezel ring decorated by a river of diamonds.
- Harry Winston presented new Avenue Classic Cherry Blossom. The mother-of-pearl dial decorated by 39 white diamonds and 29 pink sapphires that creat beautiful sakura tree.
- Hublot announced a new Big Bang Unico GMT and their first Ferrari designed watch.
- In 2017, Longines celebrates three anniversaries: the 185 anniversary of the brand, 60th anniversary of its first Flagship collection and the 90th anniversary of the first ever non-stop solo transatlantic flight by Charles Lindbergh. To mark that, the brand presented limited editions of two watches – Flagship Heritage 60th Anniversary and Lindbergh Hour Angle Watch 90th Anniversary.
- Frederique Constant presented the new Ladies’ versions of the Horological Smartwatch. The watches combine a classic look and high-tech innovations to accompany the modern woman of today in all her daily activities. Moreover, Frederique Constant added a new Worldtimer to its iconic Classic Manufacture.
- Frederique Constant is the first brand to ever introduce complicated mechanism of the crown. The crown has three positions. The first lets the user manually wind the watch by turning the crown upwards; the second allows the user to set the date and city by turning the crown upwards and downwards, respectively; the third position allows the user to set the time by turning the crown downwards. More details about watches from Frederique Constant you may find on the official website.
- Patek Philippe displayed a lot of time pieces with my favourite trends – floral and animal motives. Other novelties of the brand are Chronographe Flyback À Quantième Annual and World Time. More details about watches from Patek Philippe you may find on the official website.
Baselworld is indeed unmissable. Enjoy visiting it or stay tuned for the highlights and photos on website.
You may want to check the last year exhibition -> BASELWORLD 2016.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH