I love this EASY recipe for delicious homemade cookies! :)
- Flour (sifted) – 250 g
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 175 g
- Oatmeal – 75 g
- Butter (at room temperature) – 125 g
- Honey – 2 tbsp.
- Milk – 2 tbsp.
- Milk or dark chocolate – 100 g
- Nuts (any nuts or mix of nuts) – 100 g
- Raisins (Sometimes I switch to raspberries) – 50 g
NB! From given amount of the ingredients I’ve got around 25 cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ˚C.
- Chop the nuts to the fine pieces.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces with a knife or use chocolate chips. Put the chocolate into the fridge before and after cutting to prevent melting.
- Mix the sifted flour with the baking powder, sugar and oatmeal.
- Add the butter and mix thoroughly with a spoon or silicon spatula.
- Make a deepening in the middle and add the honey and milk.
- Knead again. The dough turns loose, but holds its shape well.
- Add the nuts, raisins and chocolate. Mix well all together.
- Using a table-spoon for the even amount, take the dough and roll the balls with hands.
- Put the backing paper on the baking tray and place the balls on it. Press a bit on the balls, creating not very thick cookies. It’s ok, if the shape is not perfectly round or the cookies are broken at the edges. It’s even better because it’s the homemade cookies! :)
- Make a space 2-3 sm around the cookies because they will become a bit bigger and wider in the oven.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for about 12-15 min. Keep an eye on them. After 10 min the cookies will be already golden. Take it out as soon as the edges are started become brown.
- Let the cookies cool down completely before serving.
- Store in the glass, metal or plastic container with a lid.