The following article is not meant for people under 18 years old for most European countries and 21 years old for USA and 25 years old for Sweden and certain other countries with the same age regulation for digital content about beverages containing alcohol. Therefore, if you aren’t above the legal drinking age in your country please leave this post and read another post under the travel section. :)
MÖVENPICK WINE FAIR 2019 is taking PLACE ON OCTOBER 26 – 27 AT the PAPIERSAAL IN ZURICH.
at First, Compare vintages from different parts of the world. Then, get to know wine producers personally. finally, Learn more about the latest trends in viticulture, grape varieties and growing regions.
This year, you are going to discover more than 40 winemakers and more than 250 wines from almost all grape-growing regions of the world. It is also a great chance to expand your knowledge about premium wines, talk directly to the wine producers and get first-hand advises.
If you are a wine enthusiast, then you surely have some exquisite wines in mind that you’ve always wanted to taste before purchasing. During the Mövenpick Wine Fair 2019, you have a unique opportunity to degustate world’s best rarities and vintages at the Raritätenbar. For a small extra fee, you can discover the selection of 20 particularly rare wines.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Dates: October 26 – 27, 2019.
- Location: Papiersaal, Sihlcity, Zurich.
- Tickets: Online or at the Mövenpick wine cellars – CHF 20.00; at the entrance during the event – CHF 25.00 per person (incl. Catalog).
- Working Hours:
Saturday, 26 October: 13:00 – 20:00.
Sunday, 27 October: 13:00 – 19:00.
- Furthermore, all guests could benefit from special offers and additional 15% discount.
- Delicious culinary delights also await for you at the Mövenpick wine bar.
- In addition, immerse yourself in the world of incredible coffee at the Mövenpick coffee lounge.
Finally, This year’s FAVOURITES:
1. STAATSKELLEREI ZÜRICH (SWITZERLAND, ZURICH).
It is one of the largest wine producers in German-speaking Switzerland. Moreover, the Staatskellerei Zurich buys and processes the grapes from 90 different producers throughout the canton of Zurich. It is also my favourite regional wine, that I believe has a potential to be appreciated both nationally and internationally. Additionally, find out more about my visit to the winery -> STAATSKELLEREI ZÜRICH, WORLD-CLASS SWISS WINE.
- 2017 Merlot, Vin de Pays Suisse, Staatskellerei Zürich
- 2016 Compleo Cuvée Noire, Vin de Pays Suisse, Staatskellerei Zürich
- 2016 Gamaret Prestige Barrique, AOC Zürich, Staatskellerei Zürich
2. SCHEIBLHOFER (AUSTRIA, BURGENLAND).
Firstly, as you may know, I have visited Scheiblhofer winery and learned about it first-hand. Secondly, it is one of my favourite wines from Austria and I was, certainly, delighted to see them at the fair and add a couple of bottles to my collection:
- 2016 Mordor, Burgenland
- 2016 Blaufränkisch Jois, Burgenland
- 2017 The Wine Cuvée, red, Burgenland – Mövenpick the Wine of the Year 2019
You may also be interested to learn more about Scheiblhofer wine and winery -> SCHEIBLHOFER WINE, AUSTRIAN DELIGHT AND SENSATION.
3. FRESCOBALDI (ITALY, TUSCANY).
It is a world-famous family-owned Italian winery, with over 700 years of wine history. And so, I always enjoy discovering new fine wines of the brand. As a result, now I have my new favourite Rosé. :)
- 2017 Aurea Gran Rosé Ammiraglia, Toscana IGT, Azienda Agricola Frescobaldi
- 2015 Rialzi Gran Selezione, Tenuta Perano, Chianti Classico DOCG, Azienda Agricola Frescobaldi
- 2015 Tenuta Perano Riserva, Chianti Classico DOCG, Azienda Agricola Frescobaldi
4. THUNEVIN-CALVET (FRANCE, BORDEOUX & SOUTH FRANCE)
- 2014 Château La Marzelle, St-Emilion AOC Grand Cru Classé
- 2015 Virginie de Valandraud, Grand Cru, St-Emilion AOC, Second Vin du Ch.de Valandraud
5. TORREMILANOS (SPAIN, RIBERA DEL DUERO).
The winemaking tradition of Torremilanos dates back to 1903. Moreover, this family-owned winery has the Organic and Biodynamic certificates and exceptional quality wines.
- 2013 Torremilanos Crianza, Ribera del Duero DO Bio, Finca Torremilanos, Bodegas Peñalba Lopez (Bio)
- 2015 Torre Albéniz Reserva, Ribera del Duero DO, Bodegas Peñalba Lopez (Bio)
6. JOHANN SCHWARZ (AUSTRIA, BURGENLAND).
The winery is well-know by its premium wines, for instance, its iconic Zweigelt Schwarz Rot. I, however, was absolutely surprised with its wonderful dessert wine. It was surely a highlight for me among dessert wines at the exhibition.
2015 Schwarz Gold, Strohwein Muskat Ottonel, Burgenland, Schwarz Wein
7. TARDIEU-LAURENT (FRANCE, RHONE)
This family-owned winery in the south of France produces some excellent quality wines.
- 2016 Rasteau AOP Vieilles Vignes, Tardieu-Laurent
- 2018 Tavel AOP Vieilles Vignes, Tardieu-Laurent (Bio)
8. CANTINE SAN MARZANO (ITALY, Puglia)
Certainly, the Cantine San Marzano is one of the most popular, famous and modern wineries in the Puglia region of Italy.
- 2016 Alluva, Puglia IGP, Masseria Pietrosa San Marzano, Cantine San Marzano
- 2017 Primitivo di Manduria DOP, Masseria Pietrosa, Cantine San Marzano
9. Robert Mondavi (USA, California & Washington State)
For once, it is the company that released “The Prisoner”. In addition, the founder Robert Mondavi is considered an icon of the American wine industry. Furthermore, Robert Mondavi is one of the legends of the wine world and the winery one of the most innovative in the world.
- 2014 MaestroNapa Valley, Robert Mondavi Winery
- 2017 Zinfandel Saldo, California, The Prisoner Wine Company
10. Rustenberg (South Africa, Stellenbosch)
The vineyard Rustenberg exists since 1682. Thus, this family-owned company has a long and exciting winemaking traditions. Respecting that, the house, nevertheless, follows nowadays innovations and developments in the industry. As a result, currently it is one of the most modern wineries of the region.
- 2018 Straw Wine, Stellenbosch WO, Rustenberg Wines
You also welcome to share your favourite wines in the comments below.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.