August 27, 2016, Limmatschwimmen in Zurich. It’s a fun way to say – “bye-bye, summer”! :)
Limmatschwimmer is an annual event, which takes place in Zurich since 1945. Limmatschwimmer hasn’t been held each year, therefore this is the 52nd swimming in Limmat. During the day the lucky owners of the participating tickets will swim in the Limmat river through the city.
This year 4500 people will be swimming. All the tickets were sold in less than 10 min. Unbelievable! :)
Nevertheless, even if you don’t have ticket to swim or you can’t swim, it’s fun to watch and to support participants.
Good to know:
- Limmatschwimmen will begin at 12:00.
- Swimming distance is 2000 m.
- Start point is Frauenbad Stadthausquai.
- Route: Frauenbad Stadthausquai – Munsterbrucke – Rathausbrucke – Rudolf Brun-Brucke – Bahnhofbrucke – Walchebrucke – Drahtschmidlisteg – Kornhausbrucke – Flussbad Oberer Letten.
- Don’t forget to use sun protection, wear the hat and drink enough water.
More information about Limmatschwimmen is on limmatschwimmen.ch
The weather seems to be great – warm and sunny. I wish you all have a great time! Enjoy the sunny weekend and Limmatschwimmen 2016! :)
More details about parks in Zurich you can find here -> greens & parks in Zurich
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH