It’s a truly autumn recipe. Eggplant is very easy to cook and it’s always delicious!:)
- Eggplants – 2 pcs
- Black olives – 5-7 pcs
- Capers – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 can
- Mozzarella cheese – 200 g
- Grana Padano cheese – 100 g
- Olive oil
- Solt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Rosemary or cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/ 350˚F.
- Wash and dry the eggplants.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise and make the diagonal notches, without cutting the skin.
- Put the eggplants into the baking dish and sprinkle it generously by the olive oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for around 15-20 min.
- Meanwhile, chop finely the olives, capers and garlic. Put everything into the bowl and add the black pepper, rosemary and olive oil (1 tbsp).
- Add chopped tomatoes from the can. Mix well together.
- Put the tomatoes-mix on the eggplants and continue to bake for the next 20 min.
- Grate the cheeses.
- After 20 min take out the eggplants and strew the cheese mix to top, carefully cover the surface of the vegetables. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the olive oil on top of the cheese.
- Put back into the oven for couple of minutes till the cheese melt and goldish. Optionally, put the tray on the upper shelf or under the grill.
- Serve like a side dish for the meat or like an independent meal.
Super recipe! Simple and delicious!:)