Tagliatelle with rainbow cauliflowers is a great idea for brunch or dinner. It’s easy to cook, yet healthy and delicious.
Good to know:
- Tagliatelle is a flat and long type of pasta, made with fresh eggs. When cooked, it has a silky and soft texture. Tagliatelle can be perfectly combined with creamy and cheese sauces as well as vegetables.
- Rainbow cauliflowers taste as a regular cauliflower, but have different bright colours. Also scientists have found, that cauliflowers with different colours have a different amount of nutritious and vitamins.
- Orange cauliflower contains a lot of betacarotene (vitamin A).
- Purple cauliflower gets its colour from antioxidant flavonoids, called anthocyanins. These antioxidants are good for the brain function and the antioxidant capacity of the blood.
- Green cauliflower contains a lot of vitamins C and A.
- White cauliflower is reach on vitamins C, B and anti-inflammatories.
- In addition, rainbow cauliflowers give a bright and positive splash of colours to your meal, and that’s a positive psychological effect.
- I think, kids should also be curious about these colourful veggies and would like to taste them! Especially if they accompanied by pasta and cheesy sauce! ;)
INGREDIENTS (4 PORTIONS):
- Tagliatelle pasta – 1 pack / 500 g
- Rainbow cauliflowers – 500 g
- Cherry tomatoes – 200 g
- Onion (I use medium size Shallot) – 2 pcs
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Light Cream (I use 25%) – 250 ml
- Parmesan cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano) – 100 g
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put a big pot with water for pasta to the medium-high heat.
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Preheat a big pan with olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onions. Cook it for approximately 5 minutes, stir occasionally, until soft and translucent, but not coloured.
- Wash cherry tomatoes. Cut them in halfs and add to the pan. Cook for about a minute.
- Smash the garlic with a wide side of the knife, peel it and finely chop. Add the garlic into the pan. Cook for the further 1 minute.
- Mean time, wash and disassemble the rainbow cauliflowers into small florets.
- Add the florets into the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir, close the pan with a lid and cook veggies for couple of minutes.
- The water for the pasta should be boiling by now. Add a couple of pinches of salt and put pasta to the boiling water. Cook it according to the instructions on the package, until al dente (cooked to be firm to the bite).
- Add the cream to the pan with vegetables. Turn the heat to the low. Stir from time to time. Stew the vegetables in the cream until your pasta will be cooked. Usually it takes around 10 min.
NB! Keep an eye on the your creamy veggies, don’t let cream form a foam.
10. When pasta is ready, save couple of table spoons of water in which it was boiling. Pour off the pasta in a colander.
11. Add the saved water and the pasta into pan with cream and vegetables. Turn off the heat. Add the Parmesan cheese and mix all carefully.
12. Your healthy and delicious Tagliatelle pasta with rainbow cauliflowers is ready! :) I think, it’s wonderful as it is, but if you want you can serve it also as a side dish for meat or chicken.