Elephbo’s stylish design from recycled cement bags. Short while ago, I attended a collection launch of Elephbo – a young Swiss brand.
The brand produces fashion pieces from recycled plastic concrete bags. Although the idea is not so new, the APPROACH is quite innovative and fresh.
I really like the philosophy of the brand. Sustainable fashion by this Swiss brand brings awareness to the problem of the garbage waste in Cambodia, especially from the cement bags made of plastic materials. Practically, creative minds from the brand collect and transform these recycled cement bags into unique eco-friendly fashion accessories. Furthermore, they also create jobs with fair conditions.
Good to know:
- Elephbo has chosen recycled cement bags from Cambodia as a main material.
- For instance, for the new collection the brand used 25 000 recycled cement bags.
- Leather parts on the bags and wallets are made of vegan leather.
- However, in order to make shoes more comfortable and durable, the leather parts on them are still made of real leather.
- The special processing method is turning the recycled plastic cement bags into water-resistant material.
- You may find more details about Elephbo as well as purchase their products on the official website.
Elephbo products range:
- City and computer bags
- Travel bags
- Weekend bags
Sustainable is the new black.
We as customers make a difference. It’s our responsibility to choose well what we are buying, make it last long and encourage others.
You may also be interested in sustainable fashion by another young designer -> BRAND PHILOSOPHY AND SUSTAINABLE FASHION BY EMILIA SPASSKAIA.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.