We often choose eggs to get fast, delicious and nutritious breakfast. This recipe is with poached eggs. Everyone knows poached eggs from the traditional American breakfast dish, Eggs Benedict, that includes halves of the English muffin, bacon, a poached egg, and hollandaise sauce. My poached eggs don’t have hollandaise sauce or bacon, nevertheless, they are very delicious and nutritious, accompanied by avocado salad and amazing cheesy mushrooms.
Obviously, you can cook every described dish separately. For example, cheesy mushrooms are perfect as an appetizer before dinner, party or special occasion celebration. Salad also can be cooked not only for this type of breakfast, but also for lunch or dinner.
INGREDIENTS (2 PORTIONS):
- Eggs – 2 pcs
- White wine vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Avocado – 1 pcs
- Tomatoes cherry – 8 pcs
- Red onion (small) – 1 pcs
- Mushrooms (I use brown champignons) – 6 pcs
- Cheese (I use Roquefort and Appenzeller, but you can take any cheese you like) – 1 cube of cheese for each mushroom, so, I cooked 6 mushrooms i.e I took 3 cubes of Roquefort and 3 cubes of Appenzeller.
- Bread (I used toast bread, you can use any bread you like) – 4 pcs.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives, to serve
- On the side I had: olives, smoked turkey meat and pepperoni with white cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Wash the mushrooms. Remove the stems. Put the caps on the backing tray covered with backing paper or glass backing dish.
- Cut cheese of your choice into cubes in the size of the mushrooms. Put one cube in each mushroom.
- Bake in the oven (middle shelf) for around 15 minutes. The cheese should melt.
- Wash the tomatoes and peel the avocado.
- Chop an avocado into cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves.
- Finely chop a small onion.
- Put all vegetables in the bowl.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix well together.
- Bring a deep pot of water to the boil.
- Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently.
- Break the eggs, one at a time into a cup.
- Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in ONE egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 3-4 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with the second egg. If you cook more eggs. Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the egg.
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Chop chives.
- Put one peace of the toast bread on the serving plate.
- Spread some salad on the bread.
- Put the poached egg on top of the salad and garnish with chopped chives.
- Top the egg with second toast bread.
- Put cheesy mushrooms, olives, pepperoni, turkey meat and additional couple of spoons of the salad around the toast.
Eggcellent breakfast is ready! :)