Offen8, Season Opening Party at Zurich Opera House, invites everyone to CELEBRATE THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON on SEPTEMBER 21, 2019.
The annual open-doors day has become a good tradition for Zurich Opera House (Zürich Opernhaus). Throughout the day you can enjoy amazing performances, entertaining workshops and interesting tours behind the stage, all free of charge.
Zürich Opernhaus was built in 1891, but its history begins even earlier, in 1834 with an «Actien-Theater». However, in 1890 the old «Actien-Theater» was burnt down and replaced by a new building, that until today fascinates visitors with its architecture and atmosphere.
Fellner and Helmer have designed this gorgeous building. On one hand, it shows an elegant neo-classical façade, decorated with busts of Wagner, Mozart and Shakespeare. On the other hand, inside you would find a sophisticated neo-rococo interior with a main auditorium for around 1200 people.
GOOD TO KNOW about offen8:
- Date: Saturday, September 12, 2019.
- Location: Sechseläutenplatz 1, 8001, Zurich.
- All the events throughout the day are free of charge.
- Beginning at 10:00 am.
- Keep in mind, places for some events are limited. The tickets will be given 30 minutes before performances. Therefore, it is better to come to the ticket-pavilions earlier.
- While access to the building is not related to the performances and permitted all the day long.
- We can’t imagine any theatre without theatrical scenery and setts. Therefore, during Offen8 everyone is invited to check some spectacular setts at the Workshop Studio (Werkstatten Opernhaus), located on the Seerosenstrasse, 4.
- Also, don’t miss the costume department. You will get an unforgettable experience learning about unique textiles and costumes.
- The Ballett Zürich is a centre of attention. With the theme «Everybody dances», the program is fun for big and small. There are open ballet trainings, rehearsals, Meet the Dancers, ballet workshops for kids and much more.
- Once again, the popular children’s opera Konrad oder Das Kind aus der Konservenbüchse (Konrad or the Tin Can Child) is staging on the Studio Stage.
- Finally, on the main stage at 7 pm, you will be able to attend the public dress rehearsal of Verdi’s Nabucco.
Exiting PROGRAM and amazing atmosphere
Without doubts, Offen8 is one of the highlights in the Zurich autumn calendar. In fact, the whole family would enjoy this event. So much to see and so many activities for both, parents and children. Besides ballet and opera performances, there are also concerts, choir solo program, workshops, rehearsals and of course guided tours behind the scenes. Finally, unique opportunity to check sets and costumes, learn more about characters and craftsmanship behind the most impressive performances.
More details and the complete program you may find on the Opernhaus official website.
I wish you a wonderful and memorable experience during season opening party at the zurich opera house!
What is your favourite opera or ballet? You are always welcome to share in the comments below.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH