SIHH 2018 (Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie) is taking place on January 15th to 19th, at the Palexpo in Geneva. SIHH is an exceptional and prestigious watch fair, that is well-known throughout the world. Initially, it is dedicated to presenting the year’s new launches, but also provides a solid stage for exchanging information, debates and cultural exhibitions.
While remaining a unique COMMUNICATION platform for professionals in the Watchmaking field, the SIHH NEVERTHELESS is intended to connect with a new audience. That’s why this exclusive fair welcomes all watch-lovers on January 19th.
Good to know:
- Dates: January 15th to 19th, 2018. Open public day – January 19th. Prior registration is required and it can be done via the SIHH official website.
- Location: Palexpo, Geneva.
- During this 28th edition, 35 Maisons are displaying their novelties and collections. This is the highest number of exhibiting Maisons ever.
- The SIHH Official App is a very useful guide with all the main information about the fair.
- Exhibitions within the fair:
“The Beauty of Time” – presents some of the most magnificent timepieces from the Middle Ages to the present, coinciding with the publication by the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie – in partnership with Flammarion – of the book by the same name.
“The Mystery Clocks in The Cartier Collection” – for the first time Cartier presents an incredible set of 19 mystery clocks. The exhibition represents a chance to discover horological masterpieces endowed with technical sophistication and style.
18 Historical Maisons at Sihh 2018:
- A.Lange & Söhne,
- Audemars Piguet,
- Baume & Mercier,
- Greubel Forsey,
- IWC Schaffhausen,
- Parmigiani Fleurier,
- Richard Mille,
- Roger Dubuis,
- Ulysse Nardin,
- Vacheron Constantin,
- Van Cleef & Arpels.
17 brands of Carré des Horlogers:
Armin Strom, Christophe Claret, Chronométrie Ferdinand Berthoud, DeWitt, élégante by F.P.Journe, Grönefeld, H. Moser & Cie, Hautlence, HYT, Kari Voutilainen, Laurent Ferrier, MB&F, Ressence, Romain Gauthier, RJ-Romain Jerome, Speake-Marin, Urwerk.
In 28th the Salon International De La Haute Horlogerie, Cartier presents new exceptional timepieces that illustrated in the twin display cabinets. They are classified into three themes: creativity, femininity and masculinity.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Creativity: Cartier Libre collection. The oval shape takes creative liberties in these exceptional timepieces issued in a limited edition numbered series.
- Femininity: For 2018 the Panthère de Cartier watch adopts a generous range of feminine looks. The bracelet, available in a double or triple loop, glints with lusty sensuality. Chain links in yellow gold, pink gold or white gold coil around the wrist.
Masculinity: The new Santos de Cartier watch features an innovative strap in keeping with the spirit of our time. Available in steel, gold, calf or alligator skin, all versions are interchangeable thanks to the Car- tier QuickSwitch system (patent pending) whose invisible mecha- nism blends into the structure of the case.
Besides all the novelties, Cartier also presented a special exhibition “The Mystery Clocks in The Cartier Collection”, which included extraordinary 19 mystery clocks.
More information about the brand and its new launches you may find on the Cartier’s official website.
Vacheron Constantin is the Geneva’s oldest watch Manufacture. 263 years after its creation in 1755, the brand holds a special place in the heart of initiates and collectors.
In its new collections Vacheron Constantin pays tribute to its rich heritage, as well as explores new creative horizons. During the SIHH 2018 Vacheron Constantin presented novelties in 5 collections: Métiers d’Art Les Aérostiers, Overseas, Fiftysix, Les Cabinotiers, Traditionnelle.
Good to know about Métiers d’Art Les Aérostiers Collection:
- In this one-of-a-kind collection the brand reproduced in miniature the historical depictions of five flights undertaken in France between 1783 and 1785.
- Splendid hand-engraved and micro-sculpted gold hot-air balloons hover against a translucent plique-à-jour enamel background, while time is displayed to the beat of Manufacture Calibre 2460 G4/1.
- Plique-à-jour enamel, a rare skill used for the first time by the Maison.
Limited series of 5 numbered watches per reference.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT the Overseas COLLECTION:
- Overseas dual time: new Vacheron Constantin Caliber 5110 DT.
- Overseas ultra-thin perpetual calendar: slender case and movement.
- Smooth adjustment and handling.
- Interchangeable straps/bracelet.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT THE Fiftysix COLLECTION:
- Retro-contemporary style for an elegant masculine watch to be worn in any circumstance.
- Modern interpretation of the iconic reference 6073, launched in 1956 and inspired by the Maltese cross.
- Self-winding movements, simple or equipped with horological complications.
- New pink gold openworked oscillating weight featuring the Maltese cross emblem.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT THE Les Cabinotiers COLLECTION:
- Multiple horological complications allied with artistic crafts.
- Grande Complication calibres.
- Models respectively displaying a total of 16 and 15 complications (including minute repeater, tourbillon, perpetual calendar and equation of time) between the front and back dials.
- Entirely hand-engraved 18K gold case.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT THE Traditionnelle COLLECTION:
- Traditionnelle tourbillon: first self-winding tourbillon caliber developed by Vacheron Constantin, ultra-thin movement.
- Traditionnelle complete calendar with precision moon phase.
- Two versions available for each of the models: Collection Excellence Platine limited series: crafted in 950 platinum right the way through to the strap stitching; Version with an 18K 5N pink gold case and opaline silver-toned dial.
More details about these new watches and the brand you may find on the Vacheron Constantin official website.
The company is famous for its long history of designing and producing exquisitely hand-crafted timepieces destined for a world of comfort and luxury. Audemars Piguet is the oldest Haute Horlogerie Swiss manufacturer still in the hands of its founding families (Audemars and Piguet). Since 1875, the company has been writing some of the finest chapters in the history of watchmaking.
Novelties from Audemars Piguet:
- First, the Royal Oak RD#2, the world’s thinnest selfwinding perpetual calendar at just 6.30 mm thick, marks a new watchmaking record, the latest in a long line of world firsts for the Manufacture.
- Also, featured, the celebration of the Royal Oak Offshore’s 25th anniversary, along with surprising new additions to the collection and a strong showing for ceramics.
- Women’s watches have some exiting news this year. The Millenary takes centre stage with new finishes and materials. There is also a new Royal Oak Double Balance Wheel Openworked designed for smaller wrists and a dazzling, first-ever Royal Oak Concept model for women that incorporates Audemars Piguet’s first flying tourbillon. This ingenious device is also present in the Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon GMT for men with its forward-looking design.r
- Audemars Piguet’s signature “Tapisserie” design has evolved into a splendid sunburst pattern that appears for the first time on three new Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin models.
More details about novelties from Audemars Piguet you may always find on its official website.
IWC SCHAFFHAUSEN CELEBRATES ITS 150TH ANNIVERSARY WITH A SPECIAL JUBILEE COLLECTION.
The Swiss watch manufacturer IWC Schaffhausen has been producing amazing timepieces since 1868. To mark its 150th anniversary, IWC is introducing a special Jubilee Collection, embracing 27 outstanding limited-edition models.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT THE JUBILEE COLLECTION:
- It is comprising 27 unique timepieces from the Pilot’s Watches, Portugieser, Portofino and Da Vinci families as well as the IWC Tribute to Pallweber wristwatches.
- Lacquer dials inspired by enamel dials of the past.
- Blued & Rhodium hands.
- Color code in white & lie high quality print graphics.
- Refined case finish & black alligator straps.
- 150 years logo engraving.
More details about the Jubilee Collection and the brand you may find on the IWC Schaffhausen official website.
Van Cleef & Arpels
Van Cleef & Arpels is well known as one of the most exquisite jewellery brands in the world. Found in 1906, today the brand continues to surprise and conquer the hearts of its customers with elegant, complex and beautiful creations. I think its one of the most inspirational jewellery brands for me. Its phenomenal High Jewellery and High Jewellery Watches represent the best result of the unique creative energy.
Novelties from Van Cleef & Arpels:
- Lady Arpels Planétarium™ Poetic Complications watch – the Lady Arpels Planétarium watch illustrates the Sun and the closest planets: Mercury, Venus and finally Earth, along with its natural satellite, the Moon. Each heavenly body moves at its actual speed, orbiting the dial in 88 days for Mercury, 224 days for Venus and 365 days for Earth. In a key innovation for this piece, the Moon itself rotates around the Earth in 29.5 days, performing a visible celestial ballet on the dial, day after day.
- Lady Arpels Jour Féerique watch and Lady Arpels Nuit Féerique watch
- Midnight Zodiac Lumineux Poetic Complications – this self-winding mechanical movement now illuminates the twelve signs of the Western Zodiac, each equipped with an exclusive lighton-demand module.
- Midnight Heure d’Ici & Heure d’Ailleurs watch – Equipped with the Maison’s own dual time zone movement, it offers an understated and poetic interpretation of time, suspended between two horizons.
- Le Jardin Van Cleef & Arpels Collection – the collection of High Jewellery secret watches. It offers one-of-a-kind exquisite High Jewellery Watches, that not less then the art pieces on the wrist. Moreover, with the Maison’s tradition of transformable creations, the watches from this collection can become clips.
- Alhambra Collection – In keeping with the Sweet Alhambra jewelry creations, this new watch interprets the Alhambra symbol with exquisite delicacy, in a blend of creased pink gold, white mother-of-pearl and diamonds.
More information about new collections from Van Cleef & Arpels you may find on its official website.