The best recipe for a spiced coffee latte contains a mix of aromatic spice flavours, strong espresso and soft steamed milk. Perfect for sipping on a cold day! :)
This recipe is simple, easy to prepare and will give you some extra amount of spiced syrup for several lattes. In fact, you can always make your syrup in advance and store it in the fridge. So when you want a cup of your favourite spiced latte, it would only take a couple of minutes to prepare. In addition, you can easily adjust spices throughout the season and create your festive Christmassy version of it.
- Water – 1 cup;
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup;
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp;
- Cloves – 3 whole cloves, or 1/4 tsp of ground cloves;
- Ground Ginger – 1/3 tsp;
- Ground Nutmeg – 1/3 tsp;
- Bay leaves – 1 pcs;
- Star anise – 1 pcs;
- Clementines – zest of 1/2 fruit (for an extra Christmassy boost);
- Espresso (I use Mövenpick Espresso, with 5/5 intensity, the well-balanced blend of the finest Arabica beans with a hint of full-bodied Robusta) – double shot (60 ml);
- Steamed milk (dairy or non-dairy) – around 180 ml.
NB! Certainly, you can twist spices to your taste, as well as strength of your coffee.
- Firstly, prepare your aromatic spiced syrup. Bring water, sugar and all spices to boil in a small saucepan. Then, reduce the heat and simmer, occasionally stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until you’ve got a lovely thick syrup. Remove from heat and let it cool.
NB! You will have more syrup than you need, but you can easily store it in the air-tight container for up to 1 month in the fridge. Let cool completely before refrigerating.
- Now prepare your delicious spiced coffee latte: make a double shot (60 ml) of espresso in any available way. You could use an espresso machine, capsule machine or a French press.
- Add 1 tbsp of spiced syrup into the coffee. Mix it well together. Finally, add the warm silky steamed milk on top of your coffee.
NB! If you don’t have an automatic milk frother, you can warm your milk for around a minute in a microwave and then use a French press or even a jar to shake it into the slightly bubbly foam. Alternatively, you can also use warm milk.
- Now, it’s time to enjoy your warm aromatic spiced coffee latte! :)
What is your favourite coffee recipe? Please share with us in the comment box below. Also, let us know if you are interested in more info/details/videos on coffee products, machines and accessories.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us -> GET IN TOUCH.