The following article is not meant for people under 18 years old for most European countries, 21 years old for USA and 25 years old for Sweden and certain other countries with the same age regulation for digital content about beverages containing alcohol. If you aren’t above the legal drinking age in your country, please leave this article and read another post under the travel section. :)
Roe & Co New Blended Irish Whiskey. A short time ago, I attended a presentation and an exclusive cocktail workshop of this new whiskey at Raygrodski Bar in Zurich.
roe & co is a premium blended irish whiskey, created for emphasizing the distinguished character of irish whiskey, and making it popular in trendy cocktail culture.
Nowadays, mixology is the most popular and flourishing way of enjoying a drink. It’s all about discovering new tastes. The Brand Ambassador, Peter O’Connor, told us interesting facts about the versatile Irish whiskey. Furthermore, He prepared us some excellent cocktails, thus we could discover Roe & Co in exciting cocktail creations.
Good to know:
- Roe & Co is made from the finest hand-selected stocks of Irish malt and grain whiskies, and matured in bourbon casks.
- The flavours of the whiskey include the sweet note of spiced pear, woody vanilla and smoked oak.
- It has smooth velvety texture and finish with a light creaminess.
- Roe & Co is non-chill filtered and bottled at 45% ABV.
- Roe & Co is named in honour of George Roe, the once world-famous whiskey distiller. He was among those who built the golden era of Irish Whiskey in the 19th century. Unfortunately, he had to close the his distillery in 1926.
- Diageo (the one of the world’s leading suppliers of premium spirits) will now rebuild a new St. James’s Gate distillery on this historic site. It will be just a short distance from the place where former George Roe and Co distillery was.
- At the moment, Roe & Co is exclusively available in some bars around Switzerland, Europe and online stores.
I like the inspiration and passion of the young team, who works on this refreshing whiskey. Moreover, I really enjoy the modern stylish design of the bottles and accessories as well as the presentation.
Finally, below you may find a couple of cocktails with Roe & Co to celebrate your day. The first cocktail (Roe & Roots), I tasted at the presentation. Another one (The Roe Manhattan), I picked because I like this combination of ingredients.
Roe & Roots:
- Fill a glass with ice,
- Add 50 ml Roe & Co,
- Add 20 ml of fresh apple juice,
- Top up with soda water and stir,
- Garnish with a pear slice.
- Please, drink responsibly.
The Roe Manhattan:
- Fill a mixing glass with ice,
- 50 ml Roe & Co,
- 10 ml Belazar (sweet) Vermouth,
- Dash of pear bitters
- Stir down for 30 seconds,
- Strain into chilled martini glass,
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Please, drink responsibly.
What is your favorite whiskey cocktail? You are welcome to share in the comments below.
Stay tuned on World of Julia, to be the first to learn where and when Roe & Co will be available.
You may be interested in a novelties from Glenfiddich -> GLENFIDDICH WINTER STORM EXCLUSIVELY AT SWISS DELUXE HOTELS.
Also, you may want to learn a cocktail from Talisker Whisky -> SWISS MOCEAN TEAM PARTICIPATES IN THE TALISKER WHISKY ATLANTIC CHALLENGE
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.