I usually cook this small cute pancakes on Sundays. The simple, tasty and nutritious breakfast, beloved by whole family. The dough is not very sweet, therefore, the pancakes go great not only with sweets but also with salty toppings (for example, pesto and cheese).
- Flour – 1 glass (~150 g)
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Pinch of solt
- Pinch of baking powder
- Milk – 1 glass (~200 g)
- Egg – 1 pcs
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp for greasing
- In one bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, pinch of salt and pinch of baking powder.
- In another bowl using the hand-whisk or the blender, whisk the egg and the milk well together. Add the olive oil and stir well again.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix well all together by the hand-whisk or the blender. Make sure that there are no any lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan at the medium temperature. Grease it with olive oil.
Tip: The olive oil should be put only once at the beginning and don’t add more during the frying.
- Using a tablespoon for the even amount take the dough and pour it on the pan.
Tip: With this tactic all pancakes will have the nicely round shape and the same size.
- Cook till the small bursted bubbles will be appeared on the surface and dough turns from the white color into the light beige. Flip the pancakes and fry further for about 2 min. Voila! The cute and delicious pancakes are ready!
Tip: The first round of the pancakes might be a bit oily, in that case, put them after cooking on the paper towel to remove extra oil. Others will be ok.
- Serve with sweet or salty toppings.
Thanks! This recipe is great! Perfect breakfast for a big family!!!:)
Thank you so much! I’m happy that you like the recipe!