Frutt Lodge and SPA, a romantic paradise secluded among the alps in the heart of Switzerland.
Switzerland is a great place for travelling all year round, for instance in summer you can really get this unforgettable experience of sunny cities, warm picturesque green hills, crystal clear blue lakes and refreshing alps.
Recently, we visited one of these gorgeous places – the hotel Frutt Lodge and SPA. And from the moment we arrived there, we couldn’t wait to share this amazing discovery with you. Thanks to the amazing photographer Tessa Ball, @traveleatloverepeat, you can really get the feeling of this wonderful place.
There is always an exciting feeling of anticipation while taking a cable car gondola to the top. In addition, mesmerizing views of valley and mountains make the journey even more thrilling.
First thing first, the location. Frutt Lodge & SPA is located in the cosy village of Melchsee-Frutt, situated on a high plateau in the Swiss Alps, not far from Lucerne, in the heart of Switzerland. Traveling there is not as complicated as might look at first. In the “Good to know” paragraph, you will find possible connections from Zurich.
The hotel stays on the shores of the lake Melchsee, 1920 meters above sea level and surrounding by the alps. It offers spectacular panoramic views over the lake and mountains, quite and peaceful ambience as well as fresh crisp air with zero cars around.
The interior is thoughtfully designed in the traditional lodge style with modern features and exclusive wood details. In addition, panoramic windows in each room, in the restaurant and in the SPA bring breathtaking surroundings inside.
Good to know:
- The hotel is located in the village of Melchsee-Frutt, located 1920 m above sea level and belongs to the municipality of Kerns in the canton of Obwalden.
- How to get there. I traveled by public transportation from Zurich Main Train Station (Zürich Hauptbahnhof) and use following connections. Zurich Hauptbahnhof – Lucerne – Sarnen – Stöckalp – Cable car gondola to Melchsee-Frutt. The journey took approx 2 h 30 minutes. Despite the number of connections, the trip was joyful and felt light. Perhaps, because each transit was short, but mostly thanks to SBB brilliant scheduling.
- While making reservation, don’t forget to book the luggage service for the gondola. For a reasonable CHF 25 per adult and CHF 10 for kids, you’ll get the ticket up-down, and the hotel picks up your luggage coming-going, so you travel lightly.
- Frutt Lodge & SPA offers 58 spacious luxurious rooms, six junior suites, and three suites. All with panoramic views over the lake or the alps and stylish interior design. Excellent room service and management thought just about everything, as rooms are equipped with Nespresso coffee and tea machines, fresh fruits and water, as well as a packed spa bag.
- Moreover, the hotel is pet friendly.
- More details about offers you can always find on its official website.
Recharge your energy and soothe your body at the alpine wellness
The luxurious 900 m2 SPA has everything you need for true relaxation, physical and emotional revitalisation:
- Panoramic swimming pool with bubble loungers, waterfall and massage jets
- Panoramic sauna/Finnish sauna 85 °C
- Steam bath 40 °C
- Sanarium 60 °C
- Crevasse (with ice cubes)
- Relaxation room, Reading room and Refreshment buffet.
- Sunny deck with sunbeds.
- Regenerating treatments for face and body with heated spa beds for individuals and couples.
- Frutt Private Spa Suite with steam bath, sauna, experience shower, relaxation area whirlpool and a unique panorama of the lake and mountains.
Food & wine
It was a true gourmet experience. I absolutely loved the great selection of traditional and international dishes as well as nice wines at the on-site restaurant. In the morning, the best way to start you day is a breakfast on the sunny terrace. You can also enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of your favourite drink at the cosy lounge and bar.
Looking for a vegetarian menu? Then, you will be surprised with the culinary creativity. As you would discover amazing vegetarian meals, which are rich on flavours and very testy.
Magic OF THE SWISS WILDERNESS
In summer, when the weather is nice and sunny, you can explore many beautiful hiking trails, walks, rope courses and fishing. If the sky is clear, I recommend to check the stars at night. Very romantic and spiritual feeling. The region has a lot to offer, like a trip to Bonistock, one of the largest karst cave systems of Switzerland, or to the ropes course at Stöckalp. Even more, the day trips are possible to mountains Pilatus and Titlis. The famous four-lakes hiking path from Melchsee-Frutt via Tannalp, Engstlenalp, Jochpass and Trübsee along to Engelberg is also very popular. Just keep in mind, this hike would take around 6 hours. :) At the airport Kägiswil, you can even book a private alpine panoramic flight around the Jungfraujoch. Or how about a visit to a local cheese dairy?
Frutt Family Lodge
This is the second property of the group. It is connected with the Frutt Lodge & Spa through the underground tunnel and offers even more possibilities for a memorable vacation.
The Family hotel is just perfect for a stress-free vacation with children. It has its own 300 square metres family SPA with an amazing kids pool as well as parents pool next to each other. In addition, there is a finnish sauna, steam bath and panoramic warm water pool with loungers.
Besides an amazing SPA and outdoors activities, the Frutt Family Lodge also offers a lot of nice indoor activities such as gym, cinema, mini bowling, table football. In other words, lots of fun for the whole family.
Teamwork makes it dream work:
It was ABSOLUTELY wonderful retreat! and You are welcome to share your experience of VISITing THIS ROMANTIC PARADISE in the comments below.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.